Vegan Cashew Aioli
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 2-5 hours
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, smooth
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 2 big pinches fine sea salt or more – taste first
- ½ teaspoon organic soy lecithin(thickener)
Drain and rinse the cashews then add all ingredients to the blender, whiz till smooth.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Vegan Aquafaba Aioli
- 3 tbsp aquafaba liquid drained from a can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Hymalayan Salt
- 1 cup (236 ml) vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
Add the aquafaba, vinegar, mustard and salt to a bowl and blitz for a second with an immersion blender so everything is combined.
Keep the immersion blender running constantly and VERY slowly drizzle in the oil, making sure it is fully combined as you go. If you add it too fast, the whole thing will turn liquidy and isn’t redeemable. If you find you’re getting a bit of oil on the top, stop adding the oil and just blend for a little while before continuing.
The mayonnaise will suddenly turn thick. Once all the oil is combined and thoroughly mixed. Add in the lemon juice and garlic and mix thoroughly.
No reason not to try the vegan aioli versions, either replacing eggs with aquafaba or with nuts like cashews or almonds. Very well worth a try!
I appreciate your support.