- ⅔ cup aquafaba from chickpeas (unsalted)*
- ½ tsp guar gum
- 1¼ cups coconut palm sugar (or 1¼ cups coconut sugar, ground down into a finer consistency)
- Place aquafaba and guar gum into the bowl of a stand-up mixer, and set to whip on high for approx 15 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Meanwhile pre-heat oven to 200F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper (or two smaller trays). Set aside.
- Once the aquafaba mixture reaches the stiff peaks consistency (it should look glossy and “full”, not “foamy”), fold in the coconut sugar just until it mixes in (try to mix as briefly as possible, just until the sugar blends in, or your meringue will settle and collapse; note: that said, it’s normal for it to settle back a little bit at this stage). Stop the mixer.
- Immediately dollop roughly 2 tbsp spoonfuls of this mixture onto a the prepared baking sheet(s) (or transfer mixture into a piping bag first and then pipe the meringues out), spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 2½ hours. Remove from oven, cool on a rack (they’ll firm up a bit more as they cool) and enjoy.
I appreciate your support.