Conventional marshmallows contain gelatin, an animal product which many individuals stay away from for health, ethical and/or religious reasons. Here’s the vegan version using agar-agar.
- 2 tablespoons agar-agar powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon hymalayan salt
- 1/4 cup stevia powdered sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Mix agar-agar into 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Bring sugar and 3/4 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Do not stir once syrup begins to boil. Heat to 238 degrees F (114 degrees C) or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from water and placed on a flat surface. Remove from heat and add the agar-agar. Pour syrup into a glass bowl; let cool briefly.
- Beat the syrup using an electric mixer until thick and white. Mix in vanilla extract and salt until the marshmallow mixture is combined.
- Mix 2 tablespoons stevia powdered sugar and cornstarch together; spread over the bottom of a 9-inch baking pan. Pour the marshmallow mixture on top; let stand until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Cut into square marshmallows using a wet knife. Dust with remaining stevia powdered sugar.
- 405 Grams coconut sugar (super fine granulated sugar)
- 8 Grams Agar Agar Powder
- 1 1/3 Grams Locust (Carob) Bean Gum
- 115 Grams glucose syrup
- 135 Grams water
- 175 Grams aquafaba
- 2 Grams Xanthum gum
- 10 mililiter Vanilla extract
I appreciate your support.