Ingredients panjeon pancakes
- 1 cup of garbanzo/ chickpea flour
- 1,5 cup of cold water
- bunch of spring onions, the green part only sliced
- 1/2 cup of zucchini, cut up into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup of carrots, cut up into matchsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon of hymalayan salt
- (Coconut) oil to fry
In a bowl combine 1 cup of the chickpea flour and 1 cup of the cold water. Whisk to get an even smooth consistency. Whisk in another 1/4 cup until smooth and when it is necessary the remaining water. It should be a thick pancake consistency! Add salt and vegetables. Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When it is hot add some coconut oil. Ladle in 3-4 tablespoons of the batter to make the pancake and flatten a bit. Fry 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Repeat this until all the batter is used.
Ingredients dipping sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of tamari/shoyu/coconut aminos
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup or agave
Mix all ingredients to make the sauce.
Serve the pancakes with Kimchi and the dipping sauce, Enjoy!!