- 18 g Korean red chili powder or gochugaru (1 tsp = 3g)
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt or hymalayan salt
- 1 Tbs mirin or sake
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 11 oz extra soft tofu ( sundubu) (1 pack = 11 oz)
- 1 Tbs gochu yangnyeom for sundubu jjigae prepared chili sauce above
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp hymalayan salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbs chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced kimch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Mix all the dry and wet ingredients in a bowl except for the oil.
Heat oil in a sauce pot on medium high heat. Add gochu yangnyeom (chili sauce) into pot and stir regularly to prevent the mixture from burning. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
Open soft tofu pack and add to the clay pot (if you have one. if you don’t, you can use a small pot instead). Add enough water (about 1/2 C) to fully cover tofu. Break up tofu with a spoon, into smaller pieces.
Stir 1 Tbs of the gochu yangnyeom (chili sauce) to pot. Add additional salt and sesame oil.
Start cooking jjigae on medium high heat and once it starts to boil, turn heat to low. Let it simmer for 7-10 minutes.
Take it off heat and bring it to the table. Add green onions and kimchi.