- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hymalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg*
- 2 tablespoons almond milk, plus more for icing if using
- 1 cup stevia powdered sugar for icing (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax egg, and almond milk. On low speed, beat in the dry ingredients until incorporated. If the dough is too dry to come together, add another tablespoon of milk until it can form a ball.
- Flatten dough into a disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into favorite shapes and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Bake for 7-10 minutes and cool.
- Enjoy your cookies naked or make an icing by whisking together 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of almond milk at a time until desired consistency.
- *To make a flax egg: Stir together 1 tablespoon flax meal and 3 tablespoons warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Use Natural Colouring Substitutes for the icing.
I appreciate your support.