- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- Chia or flax egg: 2 tablespoons chia seeds (or ground flax seeds), plus 6 tablespoons water, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar/maple syrup/coconut nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon hymalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup dried fruit of your choice
- In a small bowl, mix the active dry yeast with 1/4 cup of warm water and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Let it sit for 10 minutes. It will become bubbly and triple in size.
- In another small bowl prepare the vegan egg by mixing the chia or ground flax seeds with the water and baking powder. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In another small bowl, place the nuts and fruits and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour. Toss it with a spoon until all fruit and nuts are well coated. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the hook attachment, mix the flour, sugar, turmeric, and vegan butter.
- Add the vegan eggs, orange and almond extracts, and lemon zest. Mix some more.
- Add the yeast and agave and keep mixing until well integrated.
- Warm the milk until it feels safe to touch, not too hot or it will kill the yeast. Add it slowly to the mix, while the mixer is running.
- Keep mixing for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a bowl by spraying it with non-sticking spray oil, or greasing it with a paper towel and a little bit of oil, butter, or coconut oil. The dough will rest and double in size, and greasing the boil will make it easier to take out.
- The dough should be sticky, but if it feels too sticky add 1/4 cup of flour.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for a few minutes. Do not add too much flour, it should remain fairly sticky.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared bowl and cover it with a tea towel. Let it rest in a warm place for 1-2 hours, or until double in size.
- Once it has doubled in size, take it out of the bowl, and place it on a floured surface. Add the nuts and fruit and knead until well integrated.
- Take the dough and place it in the panettone paper mold. Cover it with a tea towel and let it rest for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Before putting the panettone in the oven, brush the top with agave nectar or maple syrup. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before serving. Garnish with more fruit, nuts and stevia powdered sugar or powdered coconut milk.
I appreciate your support.