- ½ cup raw cashews, pre-soaked and strained*
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (or raw agave for raw version)
- 4 tbsp melted cacao butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (I recommend using alkalized)
- additional cocoa powder for dusting and cacao nibs. Melted chocolate for drizzling would be great too.
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before starting. Blend all ice cream ingredients, EXCEPT cocoa powder, in a high power blender until completely smooth. Pour just under half of this mixture into a little pitcher or small bowl and set aside.
- Add cocoa powder to the remaining mixture in the blender and blend to combine.
- Set the silicone pan on a small flat tray or cutting board. Divide the chocolate mixture evenly between three of the mold cavities (if using the same mold). Then carefully pour or spoon in the white mixture (which was set aside in step 1) into the center of each chocolate mixture-filled cavity.
- Place the pan into the freezer for 5-6 hours or overnight to set. When ready to serve / eat, remove from mold and plate, dust with some cocoa powder. Let the tartufo thaw out 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
I appreciate your support.