Raw Vegan Dulce de Leche
- 1½ cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1¼ cups agave (or liquid sweetener of your choice, like maple syrup, coconut nectar, etc.)
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- ½ tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp carob powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Blend all ingredients together for a few minutes until smooth. Thin out with a bit of water if using as a drizzle. Enjoy!
Vegan Dulce de Leche
- 10-ounce can of organic coconut milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean or pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp tapioca starch/flour to thicken it (optional)
- Combine coconut milk and coconut in a medium pot. Heat at medium heat and stir or whisk until your sugar dissolves. Add in your salt and vanilla and stir again. Add in tapioca here if you want it thicker. If you want a thinner sauce then do not add it.
- Next increase heat until milk/sugar mixture comes to a soft boil. Let it soft boil (around medium high) for about 20 minutes or until 10 ounces is reduced to one cup or around that.
- be sure to stir on occasion while it soft boils.
- Remove from Transfer sauce to small glass jars. Let it Cool then cover and store in fridge until ready for use.
I appreciate your support.