- 1½ – 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or light canned coconut milk for a creamier version)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp raw ground vanilla bean (or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract)
- 1-2 tbsp cacao powder (or more for a darker chocolate flavor)
- nuts (like pecans)
- fresh fruit (like figs or strawberries)
- more maple for drizzling
- coconut sugar for sprinkling (adds a nice subtle caramely flavor)
- extra almond milk to thin the mixture out a little.
- Place the cauliflower and plant milk in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes (or until cauliflower florets can be pierced easily with a fork).
- Use an immersion blender (or cool and transfer into a regular blender) to blend the cauliflower and plant milk into a smooth consistency.
- Add in all remaining base ingredients and mix everything to combine (I transferred a bit of the mixture into the bowl before adding in the cacao to have the black & white bowl). Adjust flavors to taste.
- Transfer into your bowl, top with add-ins and enjoy warm, or chill for a cold breakfast bowl (in which case add the add-ins when ready to eat).
I appreciate your support.