- 1 package of firm silken tofu
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) sweet Jerez
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lemon zest, grated
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) orange zest, grated (for garnish)
In a blender combine all ingredients, except the orange zest, and process until smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness to taste but keep tart. Put in a double boiler to warm gently.
- ½ liter of coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp. golden flax seed ground and activated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup port wine or Marsala wine
- In a saucepan place the coconut cream.
- Add sugar, vanilla and flax seeds already activated.
- Mix well and bring to heat.
- Let it come to a boil, turn off heat.
- Remove and add the wine, stir to combine.
- Cool this preparation in the refrigerator for 4 or 5 hours, or better overnight.
- Put the mixture into the ice cream maker for 30 or 40 minutes.
- Serve with chocolate sauce and coconut flakes.
Vegan Classic Sabayon
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- ½ cup of hulled millet
- 3 cups vanilla flavoured soy milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 1 / 3 of a cup of marsala wine
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cook the millet with soy milk, margarine, sugar and pinch of salt for 40 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Marsala wine, mix well and transfer it into a powerful blender (or use a hand blender).
- Whisk at full speed, in a way that the cream incorporates air. If necessary, add a little milk to get the desired consistency: must be creamy, but fairly liquid. Consider that as soon as it starts cooling, tends to thicken quickly.
I appreciate your support.