- 12 oz full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon agar powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
In a pot, heat the coconut milk, the agar powder, and the white sugar.
Bring it a boil, then reduce the heat. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes after that.
Pour it into your dishes and let it cool off before placing it in the fridge for at least 4 hours. (You could also make this the day before and leave it in the fridge overnight – This is what I did)
To make the blueberry topping, heat the blueberries in a small pot and add in the maple syrup. Let it cook for about 5 minutes until soft and saucy.
Top the Coconut Panna Cotta with the Blueberry topping before serving and enjoy!
Vegan Tofu Panna Cotta
INGREDIENTS (2 servings):
- 300g silken tofu
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tsp agar agar flakes
Cherry chocolate sauce ingredients:
- 1 can of pitted cherries in light syrup
- 1 cooking chocolate rib
Add all tofu panna cotta ingredients into a blender and blend for about a minute. Then pour the contents into a pan and cook for about 5 minutes. This helps to gelatinise the mixture. Make sure you stir all the time so it doesn’t burn. Pour into ramekins and put into the fridge for at least 1 – 1 1/2 hours. I was impatient and wanted to save time so I put mine into the freezer for half an hour and then I think another 15 minutes into the fridge. That should do the trick as well.
To make the cherry chocolate sauce drain the cherries but keep the syrup, it would be a shame to throw it away. You could mix it with some soda and make delicious cherry lemonade. Put the cherries into the blender (keep two for decoration) and blend until you get a smooth sauce. Pour the sauce into a cooking pan together with one row of cooking chocolate and heat until completely melted. That’s is, cherry chocolate sauce done!
Serve the panna cotta on a plate and pour over the cherry chocolate sauce (hot or cold, it won’t set easily unless you put it into the fridge). Add the literal cherry on top and enjoy!
Vegan Chocolate Panna Cotta
- 2 cups cashew milk
- 3 tbsp sweetener of choice*
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 packet (1.5 tsp) granulated kanten (agar-agar)**
- 2 tbsp hot water
- * Use the sweetener that suits your dietary needs. It should be the equivalent of 3 tbsp of sugar. You can taste the mixture to see if it is sweet enough before letting it set.
- ** If you buy agar agar flakes, increase the amount to 1.5 TBSP
- Mix the cashew milk, sweetener, cocoa, vanilla and salt in a pot over medium heat stirring frequently.
- Mix the kanten with 2 tbsp of hot water to dissolve.
- Pour the kanten mixture in to the cashew milk mixture and stir continuously for about 5 minutes.
- The mixture will thicken slightly but will still be pourable.
- Pour in to 2 to 4 ramekins, bowls or cups.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving.