- 1 3/4 cups flour gluten-free or whole-grain flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 1/4 cups almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Pinch of salt
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and bubbly. Transfer to a bowl.
Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Grease the pan well.
Remove pan from heat. Pour a small ladleful of batter in the pan and swirl the pan around to evenly coat the bottom with the batter.
Return the pan to heat. Leave to cook until you see the edges start to crisp up and turning brown. Then loosen with a spatula and flip. And cook until spottily brown on the other side.
Serve straight with fillings and toppings of choice.
Vegan Chocolate crepes
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa/ cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Coconut oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except the coconut oil.
- Mix until fully combined
- Put in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour
- Heat a drop of coconut oil in small pan over medium high heat. Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan. Lift the pan and tilt around to spread the batter evenly
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until little bubbles start to show, then flip and cook for a minute more. Remove from the pan and continue with the rest of the batter, adding a drop of coconut oil to the pan when required.
Egg-Free Chickpea crepes
INGREDIENTS (MAKES APPROX 4)
- 160 g / 1 cup gram flour/ chickpea flour
- 240 ml / 1 cup water
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
In a medium bowl, mix together the chickpea flour and water. Don’t worry if the mixture is a bit lumpy or thin.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat up your crepe maker (heat setting 4) or a non-stick frying pan, brushed with a small amount of oil.
Add a ladle-full of mixture and spread out, adding more mixture if needed to cover the base of the crepe maker or frying pan. Cook for approximately 4 minutes before gently flipping over and cooking the other side, until golden brown.
Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
Vegan Gluten-Free crepes
- 125 g buckwheat flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 340 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
Add all the crepe ingredients above into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth (leave to thicken for a couple mins)
Heat a non stick pancake pan on med/high with a small amount of coconut oil
Pour the batter into the pan trying to get a thin even layer by tilting the pan
Cook for a couple minutes each side until lightly browned (use a spatula to turn making sure to be careful as they are fragile).