Quitting smoking requires making significant changes in your lifestyle and not just the modification of one aspect of it.
The next list of activies support this new changes:
- Vegan/vegetarian diet : Include green juices, herbal teas, seaweed. Food will taste better after a few days of quitting.
- Exercise: Any sport is fine. Aerobic sports are preferable as sweating and being active provides a good release of stress.
- Service and charity :Helping others is a good way of remaining grounded and finding meaning in your life.
- Staying spiritually inspired by working with a spiritual teacher
- Meditation (breathing observation), prayer, and chanting (mantras or vocals) to silence the mind
- Yoga: strengthens the muscles, promotes body, mind, soul connection.
- Martial arts : to cope with anger and be assertive when you are triggered.
- Be mindful of how you spend your money. Ponder if spending in ciggarettes is worth your money or if you should be saving or spending that money on something else.
- Fasting: one day a week with juices or fresh seasonal fruit.
- Drink plenty of water daily. Enhance this habit by also drinking smoothies, juices and teas. Make sure you get to 2lt a day with a combination of these.
- Work. If your busy, the cravings should dimish and eventually go away.
If you feel like smoking right away try any of the following:
- Essential oils(peppermint, mint, lavender, tea tree, and eucalyptus). Put a few drops on your wrist and smell the scent everytime you have a craving. Your throat should be relaxed afterwards and it should be easier to breathe.
- Herbal teas (Ginger tea , turmeric tea, lemon tea, honey and lemon tea, chamomile). They relax your nervous system.
- Vegan: Drink green juices, grape juice. Eat fruits: citrics, berries, pomegranate,kiwi, tomatoes. Seaweed and blue-green algae. Salads with apple cider vinegar.
- Drink plenty of water immediately.
- Chew raw garlic or onion. The sour taste clears your throat.
- Look for a substitute. You can eat raising, dried fruit with chocolate, nuts and seeds.
- Stop and look at your chest immediately. Observe your breathing wherever you are.
Comment below and don’t hesitate to ask quesitons here…
I appreciate your support.