The cooking process….
- Kills parasites and bacterias found in food.
- Destroys most nutrients and enzimes.
- Digests food for you.
So with Raw food, you get to keep all the nutrients and enzimes but because the heat killed the bacteria ,you’re ingesting them and therefore have to deparasite often, if you are in a strict Raw food diet.
Not only is there a depletion in the nutrient content, the exposure to high temperatures actually increases carcinogens, which is dangerous to human health. Because this process destroys so much of the nutrient content, we are forced to need more of the food in order to get the necessary nutrients.
If cooking in oil, the oil itself actually loses its anti-oxidant properties.
Doctors say the ideal human diet is 100%vegan, 85% raw and 100% organic.
Whether you choose to eat your fruit and vegetables raw or cooked follow these tips to get the most out of them:
- Buy local produce, because some vitamins are lost during transportation and storage.
- Store fruits like tomatoes at room temperature rather than in the fridge – this optimises the ripening process and increases levels of valuable lycopene.
- Prepare your fruit or veg just before you need them.
- Avoid losing water-soluble vitamins like the vitamin B group as well as vitamin C, by choosing cooking methods which use the minimal amount of water or preferably no water at all, like roasting. When you boil or steam save the cooking liquor for making sauces or soups.
- Increase your absorption of fat-soluble vitamins by eating your veggies with a little oil. Enjoy a spinach salad with vinaigrette dressing, roast vine tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil or quickly stir-fry spring greens.
- Finally, balance your intake. Enjoy crunchy raw veg to top up on immune-busting vitamin C, and cook others for their mix of protective antioxidants.
- Try increasing the number of times that you chew your food.
Although there is some debate when it comes to digestion, overall you will get more nutrients and greater health benefits from food in its most natural, raw state.
I appreciate your support.